Why do an internship? For some students, an internship is the ultimate way to explore a career. For others, an internship is a great way to gain relevant experience that will make them a stronger candidate for employment after graduation. Still others appreciate the opportunity to earn academic credit or get paid for their internship. And some students enjoy all these benefits from their internship!
Get started. Attend an Internship Information Session. If you are unable to attend an information session, you can view a recorded Mediasite presentation (audio and video) of the information and then make an appointment to meet with a Career Services staff member.
Get ready to apply for internships with these resources.
- Cover Letters
- Interviewing (also see Interview Stream below)
- Social Networking in the Job and Internship Search (.pdf)
- Email Etiquette in the Job and Internship Search (.pdf)
- Professional Networking (.pdf)
Find available internships.
- Regularly updated internship listings with additional
MonsterTrak job vacancies from throughout the nation The Vault career and industry guides online Going Global International job listings and country guides online Interview Stream online video interview practice system.
- Additional internship listings - from non-UW-L resources
Regional Employer Lists
|Minneapolis - St. Paul: (.pdf)|
- Interested in a volunteer or community service experience? Checkout the UW-L Involvement Center.
- Interested in a part-time or seasonal job? Checkout the UW-L Student Job Board.