University of Wisconsin-La Crosse |

Cashier's Office / Accounts Receivable

Expand page menu
Skip to page menu
  • Reciprocity


    • The states of Wisconsin and Minnesota have entered into an agreement concerning reciprocity for students from one state taking courses in the other state without having to pay non-resident tuition.

      Minnesota residents must file an "Application for Reciprocity Fee Status" prior to the start of classes. You should only have to file this application once during your time in attendance at UW-La Crosse, as long as you have no break in attendance.  

      For more information including an application for reciprocity go to Choose the year you will be attending school. The applications for the upcoming academic year should be available in March. 

    • The summer term is treated as the last term of each academic year.  For example, if you wanted reciprocity benefits for the 2016 summer term, you would complete the reciprocity application for the 2015-2016 academic year which started with the 2015 fall term and goes through the end of the summer term 2016.