Educator Professional Development
Leading Transformational Change | WASCD fall conference
EDS 500, Section 707/708
This annual conference provides educators with opportunities to learn from national experts and state leaders across the state. This year’s theme is “Leadership for Transformational Change” and will feature the following:
- Upgrading your curriculum
- Enhance implementation of Common Core State Standards
- Current information and strategies to implement of Educator Effectiveness
- Practical and proven strategies that help teachers and leaders embrace new initiatives
- Current educational practices used throughout the state
- Plans strategies for local implementation of conference information
Who Should Attend: Pre-Kindergarten-16 Educators and Administrators
1 Credit Option
- Attend the WASCD conference on Wednesday and Thursday (October 1-2) OR Thursday and Friday (October 2-3).
- Complete a summary/synthesis of your learning and a reflection of the conference indicating how you will plan to use the information in your setting. Implement your plan to use your new learning in your setting. Include examples from your implementation.
- Identify how you plan to share what you have learned with other colleagues in your setting.
2 Credit Option
- Attend the WASCD Pre-conference and Conference on October 1-3 (all three days).
- Complete a summary/synthesis of your learning and a reflection of the conference indicating how you will plan to use the information in your setting to lead to transformational change.
- Create and implement a plan to share what you have
learned with other colleagues in your
setting. Collect feedback from participants and reflect on what were the strengths in your plan and opportunities for improvement. Plan follow-up steps to lead change in your school or district.
Coursework due Monday,
November 28, 2014
(submit to Wendy Savaske at: email@example.com)
Wisconsin Standards for Teacher Development & Licensure:
#4 – Teaching Strategies
#7 – Instructional Planning
#9 – Reflective Practices
Administrative Standards (if applicable):
#2 – Visionary Leadership
#3 – School Culture and Instructional Programs
#7 – Involvement with organizations beyond local connections (WASCD)
Credit course requires development of communication and implementation strategies of information learned at Conference.
October 1-3, 2014
Radisson Paper Valley Hotel and Conference Center, Appleton, Wis.
1 or 2 GRAD credits
Instructor: Wendy Savaske
Credit students, an additional 30 hours as arranged. Credit work due by Nov. 28, 2014
Conference registration is separate from credit
To register for conference go to: www.wascd.org/registration-form.html
The tuition plateau does not apply to students enrolling in undergraduate or graduate credit courses through the Office of Continuing Education and Extension.
To register for credit course contact: Briana Meuer, Credit Coordinator, 608.785.6513 or firstname.lastname@example.org