Educator Professional Development
Blended Learning Institute 2013: Technology Integration Strategies
August 22-23, 2013
8 am-3 pm, plus additional
hours as arranged
UW-L Centennial Hall, La Crosse, Wis.
The Blended Learning Institute will provide an overview of the issues, skills and resources as we move to teaching and learning through electronic blended learning strategies and tools. Credit course participants will:
- Gain an understanding of the issues, skills and resources available to work as a teacher in a blended learning educational environment by: Participating in 2 full days of direct instruction/project development related to the areas of the flipped classroom, mobile learning technologies, interactive whiteboard technologies, etc.
- Produce a reflection of the work completed and ways this instruction will prove important to their professional practice
- Attendance at all 2 days of the institute
- Production of a reflection on all sessions
attended with selection of Teacher Standard 3,
4, 5, 6 and/or 7 as the basis of their
- Production of an indication of at least one way
items learned will be integrated into classroom
activities that impact student achievement
- Productions can be a wiki, web page, written
paper, blog or other electronic representation
of above requirements
- Productions can be a wiki, web page, written paper, blog or other electronic representation of above requirements
- All course work due to instructor by September 30
Credit Course Instructor: Vicki Lyons, Director of Information Technology, La Crosse School District
Sessions offered in full and half-day segments. Participants select sessions to fill the entire 2 days as indicated by personal growth needed.
Registration and payment for credit course separate from and in addition to registration for workshop.
The tuition plateau does not apply to students enrolling in undergraduate or graduate credit courses through the Office of Continuing Education and Extension.
For more information and to register: Briana Meuer, 608.785.6513 or firstname.lastname@example.org