2013 Summer Blended Learning Institute
Aug. 22-23, 2013 | UW-La Crosse Campus (Campus Map & Building Floor Plans)
1 GRAD credit offered (details)
Blended teaching and learning is the focus of the two-day Blended Learning Conference.
Participants will be able to learn more about:
- Integrating strategies to support a blended course
- Engaging students through the use of blended teaching and learning
- Collaborating beyond classroom walls to support learning
Topics from the Common Core & Beyond will be Supported by:
- Blended Learning Strategies in the Classroom
- Effective Mobile Learning Environments
- Online Collaboration Tools
- Interactive Whiteboard Use
- Instructional Strategies Using Technologies
- Flipped Classroom Strategies
Who Should Attend:
- Higher Education Faculty & Staff
- Pre-service/Student Teachers
- Technology Administrators
- Library Media Specialists
NOTE: Please bring your wireless laptop/device. Some sessions request an iPad.
Reach Every Student in Every Class, Every Day: The Flipped Classroom
Learn from Jon Bergmann as he takes you on his journey from a nineteen year lecturer to a flipped class pioneer. Hear how you can talk to every student in every class, every day creating a learner centered, inquiry driven and problem based class. Learn how you can begin to transform your classroom by asking one critical question: What is the best use of my face-to-face class time?
Jon Bergmann is considered one of the pioneers in the Flipped Class Movement. He co-wrote the book on the Flipped Classroom. Bergmann believes educators should ask one guiding question: What is best for my students in my classroom? To the best of his abilities he has done this in his 24 years as a high school science teacher. He received the Presidential Award for Excellence for Math and Science Teaching in 2002 and was named Semi-Finalist for Colorado Teacher of the Year in 2010. He is a co-founder of the Flipped Learning Network, a nonprofit organization which provides teachers the resources needed to implement flipped learning. He serves on the advisory board of TED Education.
- School District of La Crosse
- UW-La Crosse School of Education
- Wisconsin Technology Initiative (WTI)