Therapeutic Recreation Programs
Therapeutic Recreation and Developmental/Intellectual Disabilities - 3 Credit
RTH 491, section 411
This course provides an overview of Therapeutic Recreation and
Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities (DD/ID).
- Definitions and characteristics of people with DD/ID including autism;
- Assessment tools used to measure leisure interest and abilities of persons with DD/ID;
- Adaptive devices to maximize participation in "Therapeutic Recreation programs;
- Therapeutic Recreation and the Individualized Education Plan (IEP) process;
- The prevention of abuse of people with DD/ID; and
- The influence of sensory integration, communication, nutrition and behavior on the ability of a person with DD/ID to participate in Therapeutic Recreation programs.
Instructor: Kristin Ruprecht
January 27-May 16, 2014
Tuition, 3 credit* (UG)
*a $15 Registration Fee and a $2/credit D2L (Desire2Learn) Fee is assessed to all students each semester.
Registration Deadline: January 20, 2014
If you are not a current UW-L student, you must first complete the online application for admission and pay a $100 registration deposit upon acceptance to UW-La Crosse.
UW-L Academic Credit Online Application Directions (2 page PDF)
The tuition plateau does not apply to students enrolling in undergraduate or graduate credit courses through the Office of Continuing Education and Extension.