Charge for the General Education Assessment Committee (GEAC) for AY 10-11:
The ad hoc GEAC was established in Spring 2008 to coordinate annual assessment for General Education courses through AY 10-11, including serving as a continued resource in the coordination, development, and implementation of assessment tools by departments.
For GEAC’s third year (AY 10-11), the GEC (with faculty Senate approval) charges them with the following:
- ensuring that all General Education courses being taught during the academic year are assessed. For courses already assessed in AYs 08-09 and 09-10, the same SLO could be assessed for a third time or the department may choose to assess a different SLO. Departments may want to refine their assessment tools based on changes to the SLOs for AY 10-11.
- continuing to ensure that appropriate assessment tools are developed for SLOs.
- working with the new Assessment Coordinator in aiding departments in the revision and improvement of assessment tools, and developing the process that will continue beyond this final year of the GEAC’s tenure.
- modifying the web site and/or reporting forms as necessary based on experiences over the past two year, including changing the SLOs on the forms to the newly approved set.
- collecting assessment results from departments at the end of the academic year.
- preparing a report for the GEC by the end of AY 10-11, including a summary of the departmental analyses and discussions of assessment results, and a spreadsheet that includes a list of the SLOs addressed in the 3-year assessment of General Education.
- gathering any additional information that is deemed necessary by GEC.
Note: For further information the GEAC should consult The University Core Assessment Plan prepared by the General Education Assessment Task Force on October 2007 available at http://www.uwlax.edu/FacultySenate/42nd/FS%20Mtgs/11-15-07/GEd%20Assessment%20Plan%2010-07.htm