FACULTY SENATE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES
4:00pm – 327 Graff Main Hall
October 20, 2009
Members: Joe Heim, Kerrie Hoar, Becky LeDocq, Adrienne Loh, and Bart Van Voorhis
Visitors: Bob Hoar; Kathleen Enz-Finken
- Minutes from October 13 SEC meeting approved.
- IT Working Group: Joint IT Committee has been suspended this year as the IT Working Group does it work. Becky has had discussions with the Chancellor about appointing a member of the Joint IT Committee to the IT Working Group.
- The next SEC meeting has been rescheduled for Wednesday, October 28 at 3:30pm.
- Proposal to change IT reporting line (Provost Enz-Finken): Discussion of the proposal to move the ITS (including Ed Tech) reporting line from Academic Affairs to Administration and Finance. The Provost would remain very involved in academic computing.
- October 29 Faculty Senate Agenda:
i. Revised Hazing Policy – Paula Knudson
ii. Gen Ed Committee -revised SLOs will not be presented due to other issues that have come up.
iii. Medical Dosimetry Masters proposal
iv. Proposal to change the reporting line for ITS – The Provost and the Faculty Assistant to the Provost will both be out of town on October 29.
- Discussion of a joint ASC/FS sponsored informational session on collective bargaining. The chairs of these governance groups are working together to find one or more persons to visit campus to discuss the concept of collective bargaining and the impact of the recent Wisconsin legislation. Any forum would be taped and made available on the web for those unable to attend.
- Old Business:
Meeting adjourned at 5:16pm.
Kerrie Hoar, secretary