FACULTY SENATE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES
4:00pm – 327 Graff Main Hall
October 28, 2009
Members: Joe Heim, Kerrie Hoar, Becky LeDocq, Adrienne Loh, and Bart Van Voorhis
Visitors: Kathleen Enz-Finken
- Minutes from October 20 SEC meeting approved.
Chair’s Report and Discussion:
- IAS policies have been returned by System Legal for more revisions. The primary issues appear to lie with IAS being governed by FS.
- Does the suspension of the DES bylaws affect the SOE Director search since one of the candidate’s home department would be DES.
- An Open Forum on Collective Bargaining has been scheduled for Wednesday, November 4 from 1:00 to 2:30pm in Valhalla. The entire session will be taped and made available for those who cannot attend. Russ Stanton from MNSCU was a faculty member when that system went through collective bargaining, then became a legislator and is now a lobbyist for faculty. FS and ASC will provide him with a list of general questions and he will also take questions from the floor.
- Faculty Development Committee Charge: SEC charged this committee with tracking grants. The committee already tracks who received grants, when the grant was awarded and the amount of the award. Does SEC want more than this? Yes, currently no tracking of final reports. SEC will ask that the committee look at how the Research and Grants Committee does this.
- FS Agenda Items: Thomas Harris’s presentation on the WPC 11 conference may need to be moved from November 12 to December 3.
- Online Course Guide: Brian and Kristin would like to have the guide in place by the end of semester.
- October 29 Faculty Senate Agenda:
i. Revised Hazing Policy – Paula Knudson
ii. Medical Dosimetry Masters proposal
iii. Gen Ed Committee – revised SLOs will not be presented due to other issues that have come up in the committee.
iv. Proposal to change the reporting line for ITS – this item will be moved to a later date
Meeting adjourned at 5:25pm.
Kerrie Hoar, secretary