FACULTY SENATE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES
4:00pm – 327 Graff Main Hall
November 17, 2009
Members: Joe Heim, Kerrie Hoar, Becky LeDocq, Adrienne Loh, and Bart Van Voorhis
Visitors: Kathleen Enz-Finken, Bob Hoar
- Minutes from November 10 SEC meeting approved.
Chair’s Report and Discussion:
- ITS Change of Reporting Line: concerns have arisen since the Nov. 12 FS meeting. Possibility of moving Ed Tech into CATL? Eau Claire has a similar model – any other schools?
- Honors Program: Deb Hoskins is wondering if the topic of ending this program needs to come to FS. Chris Bakkum thinks it has been to FS, but the minutes do not indicate this. SEC will ask that Deb bring the topic of ending of the Honors Program to a future FS meeting for discussion.
- Concerns about Bart Van Voorhis serving on the Vice Chancellor (Advancement) S&S committee have arisen – possible conflict of interest. No concerns were voiced at the November 12 FS meeting when the committee nominees were approved.
- Student Credit Limit: The current policy states that students can only take the equivalent of 1 credit per week during J-Term and May Term - a maximum of 3 credits during J-Term. Summer now includes May Term and consists of three 4-week sessions. The current summer policy states that students are limited to a total of 12 credits over summer session. There is concern that students have been scheduled for 6 to 7 credits at a time. Should CAPS re-address the student credit limit policy? Becky will ask Teri Hinds to run numbers on this for further SEC discussion.
- Textbook Rental: New UWS policy has been forwarded to Textbook Oversight Committee
- December 3 Faculty Senate Agenda:
i. WPC 11 Announcement – Thomas Harris, OMSS
ii. PTS Committee Partial Report on Special Charges
iii. CGAAF Report on Special Charges
iv. Online Handbook – Kristen Koepke and Brian Udermann
v. Approval of December 2009 Graduation List
- Future Faculty Senate Meeting Items:
i. APR report on special charges
ii. Discussion of ending of Honors Program – Deb Hoskins
- No SEC Meeting next week – November 25.
- Board of Regents Visit: Tuesday, December 1. SEC members should try to attend and bring questions from constituents.
Meeting adjourned at 4:40pm.
Kerrie Hoar, secretary