FACULTY SENATE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES
4:00pm – 327 Graff Main Hall
September 22, 2009
Members: Joe Heim, Kerrie Hoar, Becky LeDocq, Adrienne Loh, and Bart Van Voorhis
Visitors: Bob Hoar
- Minutes from September 15 SEC meeting approved as amended.
- Report from meeting with Bob Hetzel about use of indirect funds: A new UW-L policy on the use and dispersal of indirect funds is being developed. JPB will be discussing this issue and SEC will revisit if necessary.
- Update on International Education Committee Recommendation to Faculty Senate: The IEC recommended that the amount in the International Development Fund be increased from $75,000 to $100,000: The source of funds for this increase is still unknown. Becky will contact Jay Lokken to discuss this recommendation.
- Collective Bargaining Update: Information on collective bargaining is posted on the HR website. Since unionization will affect everyone, faculty should be advised to be attentive and be informed on this issue.
- Online Education Handbook: SEC will discuss this at its next meeting.
- October 1 Faculty Senate Agenda: Tom Hench will bring the TAUWP furlough letter to FS for discussion and Teri Hinds will present the new policy on acquiring student emails for research;
- APR’s report on the role of the Provost in reviews and IAS committee recommendations on UW-L 8-13 will be moved to a later agenda.
- Newsfeed Posting of FS Minutes: FS agendas and approved minutes will be posted to Faculty Senate Committees newsfeed.
- Articles and Bylaws Assessment of Departmental Bylaws Compliance: The deadline for having departmental bylaws updated using the UW-L template and posted online was August 9. Of the 32 departments, 28 are now online. Of these 28, only 5 are in compliance with the UW-L template. SEC will ask Article and Bylaws to contact those departments still in non-compliance and request that they address the issue
Meeting adjourned at 5:07pm.
Kerrie Hoar, secretary