Minutes of November 30, 2000
Present: J. Shanks, R. McCannon, A. Alhawyan, W. Doering, G. Chu, R. McKelvey, T. Gushiken, J. Majak, G. Gilmore, D. Stapleton, E. Kraemer, J.Wagner.
1. The meeting was called to order by the chair, Joyce Shanks at 8:15a.m. The minutes of November 9 meeting were approved as corrected.
2. Jodie Wagner who is a member of International Academic Staff Task Force said that a member of her group should be represented on the Travel and International Education Committee. After some discussion it was decided that there will more discussion on the matter at the next meeting.
3. The review of Guidelines for Foreign Study Tour programs was
the next item considered by the committee. There was some discussion of post
trip assessment of new programs. It was decided that summary reviews
of foreign travel would be presented to the TIEC chair or the new chair as the
case may be. Some concern was expressed about the inadequacy of the trip director being the only source. It was suggested that student evaluation forms should be sent to the of International Education Office.
4. A final participant list should be made and presented to the TIEC one week before departure.
5. The director of a new trip should make a presentation to the TIEC as part of the post-trip assessment. Appearance of other trip directors will be at the discretion of the TIEC.
6. For the next meeting TIEC will review the guidelines for Ongoing and Annual study tours.
7. The meeting adjourned at 9:15 a.m.
Respectfully submitted by,
Jonathan A. Majak