Minutes: 11/01/02- Committee on Academic Policies and Standards (CAPS)
Members Present: Scott Cooper, Al Bigel, Sharon Jessee, Marc Rott, Lise Graham, Nick Osborne, Bruce Riley and Joyce Shanks
Members Excused: Mike Haupert, Jennifer Hill
Members Absent: Sarah Shillinger
Consultants/Guests: Guy Herling, Stephanie Eberhart, Ge Vang, Tim Lewis, Kathy Kiefer, Amelia Dittman, Kathy Elgin, and Jan von Ruden
1. The meeting was called to order at 11:04 am by Chairperson, Scott Cooper.
2. The minutes from the previous meeting were approved (5-0-1).
3. The chair noted that the comments discussed via email on a proposed policy to allow reduced course loads for students with a documented disability have been electronically forwarded to June Reinert.
4. The Committee listened to a presentation from Mr. Tim Lewis (UW-L Admissions Office) on the discussed the progress of the ongoing enrollment management policy (EM21) pursuant to a recent charge from the chair of the Faculty Senate. No action was taken. However, the committee agreed to reconvene next Friday (November 8th ) at 7 am to revisit this and related issues.
5. The meeting was adjourned at 12:06 pm
Marc A. Rott, Secretary