APR Meeting Minutes
Feb. 18, 2004
Present: Curt Czerwinski, Andrew Matchett, Helen Skala, John Jax, Kasi Periyasamy, Paul Keaton, Dean Stroud, Tom Gendreau
Absent: Georges Cravins, Chuck Lee, Joan Temple
1. The meeting was called to order at 11:09 a.m. by the chair, Curt Czerwinski.
2. The Chair distributed a packet containing the meeting agenda and several additional pages.
3. Curt gave the committee an update on the self-studies. Three have been received already: Physician's Assistant, College of Business Administration programs (all in one document), and Recreation Management/Therapeutic Recreation. Expected soon are Art and Philosophy. Postponed until 2004-2005 are Chemistry and Mathematics. Having unclear status are Music, International Studies, and English. We may or may not do those three this year.
4. A sign-up sheet was passed around on which persons could sign up for subcommittees.
5. Copies of the self study documents will reside in room 4004, Cowley, under the care of Lori Hanson. Those reviewing the programs whose review documents are already submitted should check out copies, review them, and send Curt, via email, questions for the units under review to answer when the subcommittees meet with those units. The questions should be sent to Curt by March 3.
6. The chair discussed with the committee guidelines for the review process and format guidelines for our reports.
7. There was a brief discussion of the draft of guidelines for reports on interdisciplinary minors that are not housed within specific departments. The Committee will revisit this at the next meeting with an eye to finalizing those guidelines, as requested by the Faculty Senate.
8. The Committee has been charged with the job of recommending how and when extra-departmental courses such as UWL 100 and SAH 105 should be reviewed. That will be coming up at a future meeting.
9. The committee discussed a process for a University wide review of the program array. An ad hoc committee is in the process of formulating guidelines on the process for such a review. The strong desire was expressed not to have faculty duplicating work that the PPR committee had already done. final recommendation to the Faculty Senate
10. Adjournment at 12:02 p.m.