GRADUATE COUNCIL MEETING
Friday, October 24, 2003 (2:30 p.m.)
22 Mitchell Hall
Members Present: S. Johnston-Rodriguez, M. McGuigan, D. Reineke, W. Schwan, D. Sutherland,
C. Logterman (Student Rep.)
Members Excused: R. Dixon, T. Krueger, G. Tymeson, J. Winchester (Student Rep.), M. Thorman
Consultants D. Dittman, R. Mikat, D. Schumacher, C. Martin-Stanley
Consultants B. May, M. Venneman
Others Present: Sandy Keller, HPERTE Assistant to the Dean
Observers: Students of Chris Bakkum.
- Approval of the minutes of September 26, 2003.
M/S/P to approve the minutes of September 26, 2003. (Unanimous)
- Appeal of Student A Graduate Reading Program Time Extension to December 2003. Review of appeal by Sandy Keller, Assistant to the Dean, Department of Education.
M/S/P to approve a time extension until December, 2003, for Student A to complete course work. (Unanimous)
- Graduate Faculty Membership Application Review: Handouts were distributed to Graduate Council Members for the Graduate Faculty Criteria and Graduate Faculty Policy,
- The following information was on the Graduate Council Agenda:
- Names of persons on the Graduate Faculty Application Review Teams.
- Dates when the files will be available, deadline for submitting evaluation summary forms to Fran Temp.
- Dates when Graduate Council will meet to review and discuss application decisions.
Meeting Adjourned: 2:55 p.m.
C: Graduate Council Members, Department Chairs, Graduate Council File, Faculty Senate Office, Graduate Program Directors
Respectfully submitted, Fran Temp, Recording Secretary