Committee on Academic Policies and Standards (CAPS)
Minutes for 11/19/04
Faculty Members Present: Jac Bulk, Mike Haupert, Mark Headington, Adrienne Loh (Chair), Gary MacDonald, Marc Rott, Bill Wehrs, Marcie Wycoff-Horn
Students Members Present: Emily Kruger
Members Absent: Ryan Kockler
Members Excused: Susan Crutchfield
Guest/Consultants: Bob Hoar (Advisory Board for Provost’s Task Force on 2005 Enrollments), Carla Burkhardt (Assistant to the Dean of SAH) Kathy Kiefer (Admissions), Diane Schumacher (Registrar), Guy Herling (Assistant to the Dean of EESHR)
- The meeting was called to order by chair Loh at 12:05 p.m.
- The minutes from the 10/29/04 meeting were unanimously approved.
- Mike Haupert made a motion to table minutes from 11/05/04, which was seconded by Jac Bulk. Revisions will be made to more accurately reflect the meeting and brought back for approval on 12/03/04.
- Old Business
- Discussion of Fall 2004 enrollments continued. Kathy Kiefer will bring back breakdowns of priority 3 enrollments and Loh will work to obtain success rates to a future meeting for the committee to review.
- New Business
- Summer session appeal: ESS 327
A motion was made by Mike Haupert to approve ESS 327 Summer session appeal, seconded by Bill Wehrs. Discussion began among the committee members.
After discussing the appeal, a motion was made by Gary MacDonald to table the approval of ESS 327 until the next meeting due to the absence of an ESS representative to address questions and concerns regarding the appeal. Motion was seconded by Jac Bulk.
- The meeting was adjourned at 1 p.m.
Submitted by Marcie Wycoff-Horn