FACULTY DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
Minutes for November 10, 2004
Members present: Ashley Burrowes, Bill Cerbin, Abdul Elfessi, Ann Hendricks, Heather Hulett, Becky LeDocq, Mary Helen McMurran, Elizabeth Seebach, Catherine Wycoff
Absent: Mao Zheng (excused)
- Call to order at 2:20 p.m.
- Minutes for November 3, 2004 approved.
- Bill Gresens attended the meeting to discuss issues regarding the guidelines, history, trends, and procedures for faculty development funding. Questions about proposals not directly related to teaching including sabbatical research, budget items, and fiscal year timing for grant recipients were answered.
- Rebecca LeDocq informed the committee that our report on faculty development funds across the university was accepted by the Faculty Senate.
- Discussion of faculty development grant proposals’ numerical rating system.
- Discussion of proposals followed by funding decisions.
- Majority voted to require applicants to add a justification for summer stipend in their proposals.
- Meeting adjourned at 3:25 p.m.
- The next meeting will be held next semester. Date TBA.