Minutes of the Articles and Bylaws Committee
Friday, November 18, 2005
2:30-3:30, 4027 Cowley Hall
Present: Sue Anglehart, Dave Koster, Keith Sherony, Sarah Shillinger
Absent: Joyce Shanks
- Minutes of October 14, 2005 meeting were approved.
- Discussion about the wording of Articles of Organization of the Faculty Senate were discussed.
In Article I (copied below) where faculty are defined by title, Instructional Academic Staff could be defined by title as well.
I. All persons with the rank of professor, associate professor, assistant professor, or instructor, and those who are unranked faculty members as of January 1, 1975, shall constitute the faculty.
It was agreed that the phrase “Faculty and Instructional Academic Staff” could replace “faculty and those members of the academic staff who have been accorded faculty status (see Bylaw IX) and participate in university governance through representation on the Faculty Senate” throughout the Bylaw document.
- Faculty Development Committee membership changes were discussed.
- Teacher Education Governing Council By-Laws changes will be clarified before further discussion.
- The next meeting will be Thursday, December 15, 2005 at 10:00 a.m. in room 4027 Cowley Hall.