Articles and Bylaws Committee
September 27, 2005
116 Cowley Hall
Present: D. Koster, J. Majak, J. Shanks, K. Sherony, S. Shillinger
1. D. Koster was elected chair. (unanimous)
2. J. Majak intends to resign from the committee. Chair Koster will seek a replacement.
3. The committee’s charge was distributed and discussed.
a. action on bylaw changes necessitated by the elimination of EESHR will take place after the senate has discussed the matter.
b. K. Sherony will develop wording of election bylaw IX.E. relative to the inclusion of all instructional academic under Faculty Senate representation.
c. J. Shanks will gather information regarding senate action to create an Instructional Academic Staff Committee and distribute it to committee members.
d. D. Koster will develop wording to designate the vice-chair of the SEC to serve as convener of the Budget Review Committee.
4. The next committee meeting was scheduled for 2:30 p.m. on Friday, October 14.
5. The meeting adjourned at 8:30 a.m.
Secretary pro tem