Committee on Academic Policies and Standards (CAPS)
Minutes for January 20, 2006
Members Present: Bulk, Cary, Headington, LeDocq, Loh, MacDonald, Stroud, Wehrs
Members Absent: Hoar, Putnam
Consultants: Dittman, Herling
1. Meeting called to order at 2:03 p.m. by Chair Loh; Cary appointed secretary for this meeting.
2. M/S to go into closed session to hear appeals. By roll call vote, motion passed.
For each student appeal, the standing motion is to approve the appeal.
3. Committee heard an appeal of academic ineligibility from a College of Science and Health (SAH) student:
(appeal was re-heard since student did not get message to appear on 1/18/06)
4. Committee heard appeals of academic ineligibility from a College of Business Administration (CBA) students:
XXX Denied 0-8-0
XXX Approved 6-2-0
5. M/S/P (7/0/0; one member left before vote) to approve a 1 year waiver allowing BUS 230 to start May 30 (after Summer I start) for a 3 week course.
6. M/S/P (7/0/0; one member left before vote) to approve a 1 year waiver allowing ECO 712 to start May 15 (prior to Summer I start) for a 5+ week course.
7. Meeting adjourned at 3:45 p.m.
Melanie Cary, Rotating Secretary
Approved on a vote of 5-0-1, 2/3/06