GRADUATE COUNCIL MINUTES
Friday, April 28, 2006-10:00 a.m.
325 Graff Main Hall
Members Present: VJ Agarwal, George Arimond, Tracie Blumentritt, Rob Dixon, Thomas Krueger, Tom Kuffel, Yang II
Park, Kasi Periyasamy, Tiffany Rausch (Student Rep.)
Members Excused: Steve Simpson, Dan Sutherland, Michelle Thorman
Consultants Present: Bruce May, Charles Martin-Stanley, Karen Mc Lean, Diane Schumacher, Teri Staloch
1. The meeting was called to order at 10:04 a.m. by Rob Dixon.
2. A motion was made, seconded and passed to approve the minutes for April 21, 2006. (7 yes, 0 no)
3. Graduate Student Research, Service, and Educational Leadership Grant Program Application: Revisions reviewed and
discussed. The deadlines for submitting grant applications will be changed to second Friday of each October at 4:00
p.m. (letter of acceptance would be sent out on or around January 1.) and second Friday of February at 4:00 p.m.
(letter of acceptance would be sent out on or around May 1). Many other changes were discussed and edited. A
motion was made to approve the changes and review again in one year. Motion passed. (7 yes, 0 no)
4. Graduate Appeal: An Undergraduate Student requested that ESS 702 Sports Administration be substituted for ESS
447 Administration in Fitness and Sport and that ESS 702 count toward her undergraduate degree. Motion passed.
(7yes, 0 no)
5. VJ updated the Graduate Council on GSO funding.
6. Kasi Periyasamy has a proposal for changes in the Master of Software Engineering Program he would like to present
to the Graduate Council. An e-mail with attachments of the changes will be sent to all Graduate Council Members.
Kasi and VJ are requesting your input on these changes and request that you e-mail them with your thoughts.
7. Please refer to minutes of April 14th. One of the applications for Graduate Faculty Membership, was incomplete and
needed to be resubmitted by Lori Peterson. A motion was made for the person to resubmit the application and VJ
could approve the application. Motion passed.
Fran informed the Grad Council that this may be the last time she will be doing the minutes, as they all know her last day is June 27th. She stated that it has been her pleasure working with all and she mill miss all of the members.
Meeting adjourned: 11:00 a.m.
c: Graduate Council Members
Graduate Program Directors
Graduate Council File