University Library Committee Minutes
9/26/05-Murphy Conference Room
Chia-Chen Yu, ESS
Paul Beck, Library
Anita Evans, Library
Darlene Lake, MLGs
Karl Kattchee, Mathematics
Glen Knowles, Economics
Jim Batesky ,ESS
1) Meeting convened at 2:20 P.M.
2) Karl Kattchee nominated and elected committee chairperson (6-0)
3) Committee’s major change from UW-L Faculty Senate is to explore the establishment of a library fee derived from a differential tuition fee to maintain and upgrade library resources by January 26, 2006. UW-Superior model will be reviewed.
4) Meta-LIB explained where multiple data bases can be searched simultaneously. Committee will review demonstration this semester.
5) Duplication/overlap of materials at UW-L system institution will be discussed to reduce duplication of materials.
6) Anita Evans thanked the committee for information provided to Senator Kapanke May 9, 2005.
7) Clarification needed for new Faculty I.D. cards utilizing new numbers. Circulation and Iliad/UB services will be affected.
8) Faculty schedule discussed regarding permanent meeting time. Wednesday at 11 A.M. was established. Committee will meet October 19, at 11 A.M. and November 16 at 11 A.M. December date will be announced at a later time.
9) Make-up of committee discussed. Both undergraduate and graduate student committee members will be needed.
10) Last year’s DIN budget request discussed. DIN was not included in current budget.
11) Speaker for WI Archives announced for October 20th, 2005 at 4 P.M. Speaker will be Professor Genevieve McBride of UW-Milwaukee.
12) Meeting adjourned at 3:26 P.M. Respectfully submitted Jim Batesky, ESS