Present: Terry Beck, John Betton, Tracie Blumentritt, Bob Hoar, Bruce Osterby, Lalita Pandit,
S.N. Rajagopal, Keith Sherony, Dean Stroud
· John Betton elected Chair
· Terry Beck elected Secretary
· Should the Committee do something to clarify its function to faculty, especially new(er) faculty?—in particular, clarify the distinction between a complaint and a grievance? For committee members, this distinction was made: complaints are brought by students or administrators against faculty; grievances (often involving a misuse of power) are brought by faculty against other faculty or administrators.
Carmen Wilson & Betsy Morgan could be asked to inform faculty and new faculty, informing them
of the website where CGAAF by-laws/procedures are available:
· Are departmental by-laws consistent with CGAAF charges? Should CGAAF ask that Chairs review their by-laws for consistency?
· CGAAF may want to look at the UWS Chapter 7 amendment, having to do with serious misconduct—which could affect the work of the committee.