Undergraduate Research Committee
2006-2007 Year-end Report
submitted by Ashley Burrowes, Chair
1. The committee conducted a fall grants competition resulting in 44 proposal submissions. Following extensive evaluation, 44 of these were funded for a total of $36723.
2. The committee conducted a spring grants competition resulting in 55 proposal submissions. Following extensive evaluation, 55 of these were funded for a total of $38862
3. The committee planned and organized the Tenth Annual UW-L Celebration of Undergraduate Research and Creativity. This highly successful event included 31 oral presentations and 72 poster presentations. The chair makes a special commendation to Dr. Rick Rodrick, Communication Studies, for his effort in making this event a success again.
4. The Committee farewelled the foundation UR consultant to the URC, Mr Bill Gresens, and wished him a happy retirement at the 10th Celebration dinner. Bill has been with UR program since its inception.
5. The 10th celebration dinner was hosted by Dr Aaron Monte and the guest speaker was former UWL UR grant recipient Dr. Jennifer Pressure. Jennnifer is a post-doc fellow at University of California Berkley where she earned her PhD. Chancellor and Mrs Gow attended.
6. Academic Initiative funding for 2007/8 will be less than last year.