University PTS Committee Meeting
28 September 2006
116 Cowley Hall
Present: Anderson, Brooks, Dirocco, Galbraith, Headington, Koster, Pinnell, Sandheinrich
1. Meeting convened at 11 AM.
2. Drs. Anderson (sub-committee convenor), Brooks, Headington, and Krajewski will address the following charge from the Faculty Senate (memo of August 25, 2006 from Senate Chair Wilson to Dr. Dirocco, PTS convenor)
“* Investigate departmental procedures for the distribution of merit pay, specifically investigating whether such procedures contribute to salary compression. Include recommendations for the following:
1. At what point should people receive 100% of
the merit pay they generate?
2.. From where should merit pay come?”
3. Drs. Dirocco, Galbraith (sub-committee convenor), Koster, Krajewski, and Sandheinrich will address the following charge from the Faculty Senate ((memo of August 25 from Senate Chair Wilson to Dr. Dirocco, PTS convenor)
“Audit the faculty promotion and workload issues/concerns identified in the Campus Climate Survey.”
4. Dr. Sandheinrich requested that Dr. Galbraith ask for clarification on this charge from Senate Chair Wilson.
5. Next meeting of the full committee is scheduled for 11 AM, October 26, 2006 in 116 Cowley.