Academic Planning Committee (APC)
Minutes from November 12, 2007
Members Present: Czerwinski, Johnson, Knowles, Tiffany (Chair)
Members Excused: Glass, Miskowski (on leave), Krajewski
Guests Present: Jennifer Kosiak (Math), Eric Kraemer (International Studies)
- Meeting called to order, 12:12PM, 432 CWH by Tiffany (Convener)
- M/S/P Approve minutes of October 29, 2007
- Discussion of Middle School Math Certificate. Without a quorum, the general consensus was for approval of continuation of this certificate (4/0/0). If within the by-laws will ask for vote from others by email.
- Discussion of the International Asian Emphasis within the International Studies minor. Model is based on other emphases that already exist within the minor. Without a quorum, the general consensus was approval of the emphasis (4/0/0). If appropriate, will ask for vote from others by email.
- Next meeting will be on November 26. The Dosemitry certificate will be on the agenda. May also review the guidelines for certificate programs.
Meeting adjourned 12:39 p.m.
During the Week of November 19th, Committee members were asked to vote via email ballot on the Middle School Math Certificate and the International Asian Emphasis within the International Studies minor because we did not have a quorum at the meeting. The results of the email ballot on these two programs was affirmative:
Asian Emphasis: 8-0-0
Middle Math: 8-0-0
Additionally, the committee was asked to review and vote electronically on the Russian Studies Certificate. The result was affirmative:
Russian Certificate: 7-0-0