Promotion, Tenure and Salary Committee (PTS)
Minutes for September 20, 2007
Members present: Anderson (convener), Cashion, Cooper, Delgado, Fater, Headington, Koster, Ritterling, Wegner
Members absent: None
1. Meeting was called to order at 12:05 p.m. by convener Joe Anderson.
2. Anderson agreed to serve as chair. As there were no other nominations, Anderson was elected by acclamation.
3. Committee agreed (by acclamation) to rotate secretarial duties.
4. Committee reviewed this year’s charges from Faculty Senate:
1. Use of “Star fund” monies
2. Department chair compensation
3. “Longevity bump” to address salary compression
4. Pay plan for second year of the biennium
5. Anderson volunteered to investigate charge 1. A subcommittee was formed to investigate charge 2, and another subcommittee was formed to investigate charge 3. The committee as a whole will investigate charge 4.
6. Committee agreed to meet next on October 11, 2007 at 12:05 p.m.
7. Meeting was adjourned at 12:30 p.m.
Mark Headington, Rotating Secretary