Minutes of Undergraduate Research
5 pm February 27th, 2008
Present: Vijendra Agrawal, Ashley Burrowes, Jordan Coffey, Barbara Eide, Tim Gongaware, James Peirce, Keely Rees, Omar Rivera, Bart VanVoorhis.
Meeting started at 5 pm. Tim Gongaware presented the following updates:
Posters in the Rotunda, March 5, 2008
· Nelson Johnson, Art, “The Printmaker’s Voice in S. Africa after Apartheid.”
· Amber Goldbeck, Biology, “Nutrient Analysis in an Urban Marsh.”
· Rebecca O’Brien, Biology, “Identification of Mycodiversity in the Driftless Region of La Crosse, WI.”
· Elizabeth Kaufman, Recreation Management/Therapeutic Recreation, “Effects of Montessori Painting on an Older Adult with Dementia.”
· Katherine Schaaf, Psychology, “Empathy: Victim Impact Panels and DWI Offenders.”
· Eric Strauss, Biology
· Students meeting with Cary Heyer on 2/27 to go over talking points with legislators.
· Students mailed letters to their legislators earlier this week.
Total undergraduate presentation: 80
· Total poster: 59
· Total gallery: 2
· Total oral: 19
Total graduate presentations: 8
· Total poster: 7
· Total oral: 1
Oral presentations rooms reserved: Port O’Call, 332, and 336.
Abstract booklets will be completed by week’s end and sent to Document Services for printing (250 copies).
25 Students going
15 faculty/staff going (most to help prepare for next year’s NCUR at UW-L). This number may go down due to budget concerns.
On March 31, there will be an info meeting for students with free pizza.
A sign-up proctoring the oral presentations was sent around the room. Tim Gongaware will send the schedule for the proctors next week.
The meeting ended at 5:25.
Submitted Tuesday, April 2, 2008 by James Peirce.