2:20 p.m. – 325 GMH
Present: Darlene Lake, Ulisses Barquero, Paul Miller, Kevin LeFeure, Roger Haro, Shane Van Dalsem, Jacob Gietman, Jeff Boyle, Chuck Lee
Excused: Patrick Randolph
· Josylen resigned from chair
· Anyone want to be chair?
· Sue does end of year report
· Minutes of last meeting approved
Discussion on having an Associates Honors program
· Summer school programs/class start date.
§ ACC 421 – start course early to run 4 weeks
· Water safety course ESS 116
§ Start 1 week before start date
course, completed by June 1st
· ESS 460/560 Tight rope Management
exception to start before for Colorado
· ESS 781 program leadership
§ 1 week course
after summer 1 start date June 15, 2009
· J-Term course that are core courses that have heavy load of writing and reading
§ But required for curriculum
§ Not enough time for teachers to teach these courses
· J-Term courses getting away from the original intent
§ Some courses, when you go in to the next upper level courses, you aren’t prepared enough as a full semester classes
§ Even equivalent hrs, it’s still not the same as having a 15 week course
§ Access issue to what we offer?
§ See what the CLS Dean has to say?
Tell depts. To critically examine what courses they offer during J-Term, over 3 weeks vs. 15 weeks
-only the ones that do the work-
Next Meeting of CAPS: TBA
Meeting adjourned: 2:49 p.m.