GRADUATE COUNCIL MINUTES
Friday, April 10, 2009 - 10:00 a.m.
325 Graff Main Hall
Members Present: Rob Dixon, S.N. Rajagopal, Kasi Periyasamy, Dave Reineke, Jim Finch, Carol Angell, Ashley Olson, Kristin Van Vleet, Tom Kernozek
Members Excused: Vijendra Agarwal, Glenn Wright, Michele Thorman, Bernadette Taylor-Winfrey
Consultants Present: Chris Bakkum, Charles Martin-Stanley, Amelia Dittman, Ray Abhold
Guests: Jodie Rindt
The meeting was called to order at 10:02 am by Rob Dixon.
1. M/S/P (8-0-0) to approve minutes from the March 27, 2009, meeting.
2. M/S/P (9-0-0) to waive the “9 credit per semester” as the full time designation for SAA online student XXXX and to allow 6 credits to count as full time in order for XXXX to obtain a graduate assistantship at WTC.
NOTE: It was agreed that the Graduate Council should discuss and revise, if necessary, the policies related to what defines a graduate student as being “full time.”
Rob informed the committee of the winner of this year’s Graduate Research Award winner Benjamin Burns from School Psychology.
4. M/S/P (9-0-0) to award the Graduate Thesis Award to MPH student Lynn Hrabik.
5. M/S/P (9-0-0) to award the Academic Achievement Award to SAA student Dorrie Unertl and Benjamin Burns School Psychology.
6. M/S/P (9-0-0) to approve the recommendations from the subcommittee for Professional Travel Awards.
7. M/S/P (9-0-0) to move into closed session to take action on an academic appeal.
M/S/P (9-0-0) to approve readmission for a student to the MEPD program.
Meeting adjourned: 10:39 a.m.
C: Graduate Council Members
Graduate Program Directors
Graduate Council File
 This vote was taken before one member arrived.