Promotion, Tenure, and Salary Committee
Thursday, Nov. 6, 2008
Members Present: Gwen Achenreiner, Matthew Cashion, Scott Cooper, Enilda Delgado, Dennis Fater, Mark Headington, David Koster, Sandra Krajewski, Soojin Ritterling
Members Absent: None
1) The meeting was called to order at 4 p.m. in Room 111, Wimberly Hall.
2) The committee decided that secretarial responsibilities will rotate amongst members. Today Scott Cooper volunteered to take minutes.
3) The committee discussed data on the longevity bump and agreed to recalculate the starting salary data in 2007 dollars.
4) The committee discussed retention data to see if salary was an issue in decreased retention. Questions were raised on what percent of each college has resigned per year. A second concern is trying to identify the reasons for resignation as the data was aggregated. For example did a person resign due to family issues, workload, no expectation of tenure, or salary.
5) The committee discussed linking promotion and tenure. A formal motion will be presented by the subcommittee at the next meeting.
6) The time and location of the next meeting will be announced by e-mail.
7) Meeting was adjourned at 5:10 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Scott Cooper.