Committee on Academic Policies and Standards (CAPS)
Minutes for January 20th, 2010
Members present: S. Anglehart, J. Boyle, B. Butterfield, K. Hunt, E. Kraemer, P.Miller, S. Morris, P. Randolph, S. Van Dalsem
Consultants: C. Burkhardt, A. Dittman, S. Keller, S. Stine, T. Walls
Guests: T. Passon, K. Van Vleet
- The meeting was called to order at 8:30 am by S. Anglehart.
approve October 23rd minutes as amended (8-0-0)
3. M/S to approve Summer Session Start Date Appeal for ACC 421 (8-0-0)
- M/S to go into closed session to hear student appeals. By roll call vote, motion passed. For each appeal, the standing motion is to approve the appeal. (8-0-0)
**E. Kraemer arrived at 8:38 am.
- The committee heard appeals of academic ineligibility from four College of Business (CBA) students:
L. L. Approved 8-0-1
J. D. Denied 0-9-0
Y. X. Approved 9-0-0
L. N. Denied 0-8-1
- The committee heard appeals of academic ineligibility from three College of Liberal Studies (CLS) students:
S. R. Denied 0-9-0
S. Z. Approved 7-2-0
D. F. Approved 9-0-0
7. Motion to approve the replacement of the PHL 101 with Elementary Logic PHL 211 for the purpose of meeting the requirements for the philosophy major for R. G.
**K. Hunt left at 12:00 pm
8. The committee heard appeals of academic ineligibility from two College of Science and Health (SAH) students:
E. M. Approved 8-0-0
R. K. Denied 0-8-0
- The meeting was adjourned at 12:55 p.m.
Shane Van Dalsem, Recorder