Committee on Academic Policies and Standards (CAPS)
Minutes for October 23rd, 2009
Members present: S. Anglehart, J. Boyle, B. Butterfield, D. Heying, K. Hunt, E. Kraemer, P.Miller, S. Morris, O. Radke, P. Randolph, S. Van Dalsem
Members excused: G. Iguchi
Consultants: S. Keller, S. Stine
Guests: C. Bakkum, K. Koepke, B. Udermann
- The meeting was called to order at 2:17 pm by S. Anglehart.
- M/S to approve September 2nd, 2009 minutes as amended (10-0-0)
- M/S to approve September 18th, 2009 minutes as amended (10-0-0)
**Jeff Boyle arrived at 2:21 pm
- The committee discussed the student absence policy for student athletes and student soldiers
M/S to retain current absence policy without change (11-0-0)
- The committee discussed the university’s final exam policy. K. Koepke and B. Udermann spoke on the issue of the final exam policy for online courses. The committee will consider a motion to recommend a change in the final exam policy to accommodate online courses at its next meeting.
- The meeting was adjourned at 3:40 p.m.
Shane Van Dalsem, Recorder