Minutes of the Instructional Academic Staff Committee
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
3:45 p.m. 323 C. Wimberly Hall
Present: Lisa Caya, Elise Denlinger, Robert Eberle, Gail McCormick, Paul Reuteman, Sandra Sieck, Laurie Strangman, Joseph Toce and Kerrie Hoar, IAS Liason
Absent: Shelia Perkins (excused)
1. M/S/A (8,0,0) to elect Paul Reuteman as chair.
2. M/S/A (8,0,0) to elect Laurie Strangman as secretary.
3. Discussion of the 2009-2010 charge.
4. Kerrie provided information on the major changes that have been made to the draft of IAS policies over the past several months. The most significant changes are found in Chapter 10 which contains information on IAS appointments.
5. Our primary task is to review these policies and approve them so that they can be forwarded first to the Faculty Senate and then to the Board of Regents for their respective approvals.
Our next meeting will be in approximately two weeks when committee members have had time to review Chapters 8-13 of the Instructional Academic Staff Policies Handbook. Paul will send out an electronic invitation to committee members to coordinate the date and time of this meeting.
Meeting adjourned at 4:25 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Laurie Strangman