Faculty Development Committee Meeting
Minutes for Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Members present: M. Cary, C. Tobin, H. Dai, A. Gedicks, B. Bennie, G. Cravins, D. Thoune, V. Her, K. Mally
Consultant: B. Cerbin
1) Meeting called to order at 2:19pm by convener M. Cary.
2) M. Cary agreed to serve as chair. M/S/P approval of M. Cary to serve as chair Yes- 9, No- 0
3) C. Tobin agreed to serve as secretary. M/S/P approval of C. Tobin to serve as secretary Yes- 9, No- 0.
4) M. Cary reviewed the charges for and role of the committee, with no specific charges identified for the committee.
5) G. Cravins suggested a review of procedures in interviewing recipients if they are taking a leave of absence. Committee will address this policy.
6) M. Cary reviewed procedures for review and deadlines. B. Cerbin elaborated on types of grants FDC offers.
7) Proposals will be available to the committee on D2L after the October 1, 2010 deadline.
8) Next meeting will be Oct. 6 at 2:15pm.
9) Meeting adjourned at 2:50pm.
Submitted by: Casey Tobin
Minutes approved 10-6-2010