Minutes of the International Education Committee Meeting
October 4, 2010, 2:15 – 3:10 pm, 326 Cartwright
Attendance: Members- Dave Anderson, John Greany, Sheri Ross, Gaelle Talhouarne (student member), Gary Gilmore, Bianca Basten, Pat Ardovino, Haroon Ismail (student member).
Absent: Walter Elder, Futaba Okamoto-Fujie, Hsiao-Fen Yang.
Committee Consultant: Eric Kraemer (Dir INS minor), Sandy Sieber (Assistant Director OIE),
Guests: Scott Stein, Andrea Wagner
Meeting was called to order 2:15 pm.
I. Informational comments about developing future program in India – Scott Stein
· Scott Stein – led previous trip to India in Jan 2009.
· Seeking recommendations from committee in the development of a new clinic in eastern India.
· Goal is to develop a service learning and credit course for students.
II. International Service Learning course for credit – Sheri Ross
· Contact previous faculty that have led service learning courses; reviewed list of previous trips and identified.
· Add to LX – and send revised LX to
· UCC deadline for spring semester – Oct 26th
× Goal for submitting to UCC this semester
· Discussion on various aspects of the LX form for revision.
The meeting adjourned at 3:20 pm
Respectfully submitted: John Greany