24 September 1999
Present: Evans, Hoelzen, Gillis, Ardovino, Galbraith, Gerber, Clow, Elfessi, Snowberg
1. Election of the a chair was postponed until absent members could be contacted.
2. A decision was made that a meeting time of 11:00 A.M. on Fridays would work well for all of the members present.
3. An attempt will be made to find an alternate time if some of the members not present at today's meeting cannot attend at 11:00 A.M. on Fridays.
4. Anita Evans gave a brief overview of the work of the Library Committee during the last academic year.
Highlights included: budget concerns, the proliferation of J- and M-term classes and funding for increased library staffing during these periods, faculty webpage development by Stefan Smith (outreach librarian) and changes in the Murphy catalog system.
5. Anita Evans also outlined some of the concerns of the Library which
might be addressed by this year's committee. These included:
declines in the use of checked-out materials, the possibility of
surveys to better understand library use patterns, visits to departments
by the outreach librarian to
update teaching staff on library resources, etc.
6. The next meeting of the committee was scheduled for: 11:00 A.M. Friday, 8 October 1999. Before this meeting, Rick Gillis (Convener) agreed to try to contact members not present at today's meeting to see if anyone would agree to Chair the Library Committee during this academic year.
7. Meeting adjourned at 2:05 P.M.
Rick Gillis, Convener and Rotating Secretary