- Full-time and Part-time permanent employees
will be paid for the following legal holidays:
- New Year's Day (January 1)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve (December 24)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
- New Year's Eve (December 31)
- Holidays are based on the percentage of an employee's appointment (FTE).
- Limited Term Employees (LTE) are not eligible for holiday pay.
- If a holiday falls on a Sunday, state offices are closed the following Monday.
- If a holiday falls on Saturday (which is the normal day off for most employees), annual basis unclassified academic staff and classified employees are granted this day as a floating holiday to be used at a different date (with supervisor approval). Additionally, if a holiday falls on an employee's scheduled day off, or if the employee is scheduled to work the holiday, the holiday may be banked as a floating holiday.
- For unclassified employees legal holidays must be used within the fiscal year they are earned or they will be lost.
- For classified employees, legal holidays must be used within the calendar year they are earned or they will be lost.