University Services Associate 2
Current Office Support Vacancy
To be eligible to apply for this position, you must have taken the Office Support exam within the last year. Your civil service score must be 70 or higher at the appropriate level of the vacancy (entry, intermediate, or advanced) and you must apply within 1 year of your exam date. Please check your Wisc.Jobs Job Cart to ensure that you have a current passing score for this position.
This position is in the Intermediate Level for the Office Support Exam.
Under general supervision, this position advises students and parents in completing financial aid forms, in explaining the various student loan types, and in filing appeals; serves in a triage role in determining if a student needs to see a counselor and, if so, which counselor can best meet their needs or if another office could serve them better; explains complex financial aid procedures and regulations to both students and their parents. This person has primary responsibility for the coordination and maintenance of administrative functions related to both the UW-L External Scholarship database and the Job Location Development program (a program linking employers and students seeking employment) This person will serve as lead worker and trains all student assistants who work at the front desk/reception area. Additionally, the position has responsibility for the coordination and maintenance of administrative functions related to the Short Term Loan program.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
This position requires knowledge of the financial aid program, knowledge of office management; ability to interpret and follow policies and procedures; good oral and written communication; computer software, i.e. Microsoft office, a variety of data merging processes, email, spreadsheets; the ability to work independently as well as part of a team; organized, possess an attention to detail and have the ability to multi-task with many interruptions.
Employment will require a criminal background check. A pending criminal charge or conviction will not necessarily disqualify an applicant. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record.
For UW-La Crosse Campus safety information and crime statistics/Annual Security Report see http://www.uwlax.edu/StudentLife/securityreport.htm and for drug and alcohol information see http://www.uwlax.edu/HR/newemp/drugfree.htm or call Human Resources at (608) 785-8013 for a paper copy.
This is a full time position (40 hrs/wk)
The starting rate of pay for this position will be $13.968 per hour. This position is in pay schedule and range 02-10 and is non-represented. A six-month probationary period is required.
Competitive salary, excellent fringe benefits.
For more information contact Ann Bever, HR Assistant, 608-785-8015, firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to having taken the exam within the
last 12 months (and scored a 70 or better on the intermediate section), you must
apply online by following these steps:
If you have a Wisc.Jobs account:
1. Click on Log in to Apply” at the top of the job announcement and log into your account at this link: http://wisc.jobs/public/index.asp
2. Click Apply Now” at the top of the job announcement number 1300645
3. Review your Job Application and make any necessary updates and click Continue
4. Complete the Job Preferences screen and click Continue
5. Once you are on the Application Status page, click on the Use Current Score” button. You will get a message stating Your current score has been successfully applied to this recruitment
6. If you did not have the Use Current Score button, you have either not taken the Office Support exam or it has not been scored yet. As of March 2009, there is a pre-registration requirement for applicants to take the Office Support exam. In order to be eligible to take the next exam, be sure to follow the instructions on the Job Announcement for the Office Support exam.
If you do not have a Wisc.Jobs account:
1. Click at the top of the web page located at this link: http://wisc.jobs/public/index.asp
2. Click the Create New button and follow the steps to create a new account.
3. Click Apply Now” at the top of screen and complete steps 3-6 from above.
The deadline to apply in Sunday, March 3, 2013. If you need assistance with the online application process, call the Office of State Employment Relations' help desk at (608) 267-1012. Their hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
NOTE: There will be no assistance for any technical issues you may encounter after 4:30 p.m. Friday, March 1st before the March 3rd deadline.
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, the University of
Wisconsin-La Crosse is engaged in an effort to be a leader in Wisconsin’s
movement toward increased diversity and inclusiveness. Women, persons of
color, and individuals with a disability are encouraged to apply. If you
have a special need/accommodation to aid your participation in our hiring
process, please contact the individual above to make appropriate arrangements.
Employment will require a criminal background check. A pending criminal charge or conviction will not necessarily disqualify an applicant. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, UW-La Crosse does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record.
Under Wisconsin Statutes, we are required to provide, upon request, a list of nominees and applicants. A written request can exclude one from this list. Persons agreeing to be final candidates (to be interviewed) will have their identities revealed as final candidates.