To qualify for acceptance to the ME-PD Initial Certification Track, students must have:
- A $56 non-refundable application fee.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution;
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 2.85 or an average of at least 3.00 in the last half of all undergraduate work to qualify for admission. Grades from all institutions you attended as an undergraduate will be averaged in order to determine cumulative grade point average. Applicants who have a graduate grade point average of at least 3.00 for no fewer than 12 graduate credits at another accredited graduate institution may also be considered.
- A completed UW-La Crosse Application for Graduate Admission:
- A completed ME-PD Initial Certification Application Page 1 (PDF) and Page 2 (PDF);
- Passing PPST scores for Math, Reading, and Written Language (scores must be submitted directly to UW-L from test site);
- A signed cover letter/personal statement describing the following:
- The factors influencing your decision to pursue teacher certification; and
- The personal attributes that make you a desirable candidate for the ME-PD Initial Certification program.
- A minimum of 30 hours of education-related experiences;
- A resume or curriculum vitae; and
- At least one letter of recommendation attesting to your potential as a future teacher.
Submit ME-PD application, cover letter, list of education-related experiences, resume and letters of recommendation to:
ME-PD Program Specialist
270 Morris Hall
1725 State Street
La Crosse, WI 54601
Additional Application Requirement:
Passing Praxis I: Pre-Professional Skills Test (PPST) scores for Math, Reading, and Written Language
- Scores must be sent directly to UW-L from the testing site. PPST exam information can be found by contacting UW-L's Counseling and Testing Center at (608)-785-8073 or by emailing Susan Nickel at email@example.com. You may also contact the Computer Based Testing Center at (608) 785-8968 from 8:00 - 4:00 on Monday through Friday.
Details about the PPST Exam, including practice tests and registration information, can be found at http://www.ets.org/praxis.