Peer Tutoring Program
Our peer tutoring program provides free course specific tutoring to multicultural UW-L undergraduate students upon request. The tutoring sessions are designed to support and complement tutoring offered by the various departments on campus, and meet the student's needs with flexible hours and individual or small group session. The goal of the tutoring program is to give academic support to students in their classes.
- Students first contact their instructor
- then investigate tutoring offered through the department.
- If this does not meet their needs, our office will identify a tutor employed by OMSS and work out the necessary arrangements.
The Peer Tutoring program is always looking for qualified tutors
- knowledge of content area,
- minimum of A/B in courses tutored,
- reliable, responsible, positive, and in Good Academic Standing,
- A second semester freshmen or upper classman.
Tutoring is a great way for
students to share their academic knowledge and skills with a
peer. In return, their own personal knowledge of other cultures
For further information contact the Peer Tutor Coordinator (Connie Vanderhyden) at 785-8225.