Special Collections General Registration-All Users
- Researchers must sign the logbook each day when entering the reading room.
- Only pencil may be used (no pens or markers). No cameras, typewriters, computers or tape recorders without permission of the librarian. No smoking, food, or beverages.
- All containers and personal effects must be placed in the lockers or on the racks near the front door.
- All materials must be handled carefully. Materials must not be leaned upon, marked, bent or torn. Their existing arrangement must be preserved. Sheets must be turned in order and kept neatly in folders. Please report to staff any errors in cataloging, dating, or filing.
- Stack and storage areas are closed to researchers.
- Photocopies are made only with permission and by staff only.
- Use of certain materials is restricted by statute or by donors.
- Except for brief extracts, researchers should obtain permission in writing from the State Archivist or a State Historical Society archivist before publishing any materials from ARC (State Historical Society) holdings.
- The Researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of libel, privacy and copyright.
- Before exiting, researchers must submit all materials for inspection. Wisconsin Statutes, Chapter 943.60 (text in Laws of 1979, chap. 245) provides for detention of any person suspected of unauthorized removal of documents, books, maps, or archival material. Penalties for theft include a fine up to $10,000 and prison terms for nine months to ten years depending on value of materials.
I have read the rules governing the use of materials in the Special Collections room, and agree to abide by them.
Signature: ______________________________Date: ________________
Name (please print):_________________________________________
Permanent (home)address:____________________________________ __________________________________________________________
Local address (if different):___________________________________
Positive ID ________________________________________________
Category of use:
|| Class Paper/Project___
Special Collections & Area
Research Center Home Page