Application Instructions and Forms
Thank you for your interest in the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. Please read the instructions below carefully. It is very important that you submit all required application materials. Remember to provide signatures where needed.
ALL DOCUMENTS TO YOUR EXCHANGE PROGRAM COORDINATOR
(All application materials will be forwarded to our office by your coordinator)
To view and print the Application and Forms, click the appropriate link below. Make sure you have the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed to be able to view and print out the materials.
- Complete the UW System International Application for Special Non-Degree Study Form on-line.
- Submit your certified Educational Documents (transcripts, certificates, mark sheets, etc.). Copies are acceptable. Native language documents must be accompanied by an English translation.
- Submit your Course Selection Form.
- Submit a copy of your passport page which contains your photo, name, country of origin, birth date, etc.
- Complete the UW-L Background Information Form.
- Submit TOEFL Scores. Students with no TOEFL report or less than 550 pBT/73 iBT will take an English proficiency exam upon arrival at UW-La Crosse. The exam results will determine whether English language study is required. TOEFL is not necessary for ESL study.
- Complete a Certification of Financial Resources Form with a supporting bank statement and a letter of support. You should check with your Exchange Program Coordinator for the details.
Student Housing: It is the student's responsibility to reserve/secure campus housing once you receive the UW-L acceptance materials with your student ID number. The Housing Reservation Form is available on-line. First semester incoming students will not be required to pay the $75 reservation fee.
Upon receipt of all items, ADMISSION to UW-La Crosse will be granted and proper immigration papers will be issued. Failure to turn in the completed Health Examination/Immunization form may result in denial of health services due to liability issues and potential danger to your health. If you are under the age of 18 upon arrival, you must also submit a signed letter of consent from parents authorizing medical staff to treat you.
Application Deadline Dates:
|Fall Semester||April 15*|
|Spring Semester||November 15|
|Summer Session||April 15|
*Late applications will be considered if spaces are available.
**All application deadlines listed apply to UW-L only. Please check with your university’s International Office or Study Abroad advisor to see if an earlier deadline may apply.
Student Classification: Admission for non-degree study at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse does not qualify or guarantee a student admission to a degree program at UW-La Crosse. To be considered for admission to a degree program, the proper application and all other required documents must be submitted. Information about the application process can be obtained from the UW-L Office of International Education. If you have questions regarding the process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Orientation Week: UW-L is very pleased to provide new international students with an extensive week-long orientation program. The events and activities include important information sessions and fun-filled social activities. Current students and university faculty/staff join together to introduce students to life at UW-La Crosse. You will receive a pre-arrival information packet with your final admission papers.
We encourage you to visit our home page at www.uwlax.edu/oie to read more about La Crosse and our international students.
Thank you for your interest in UW-La Crosse, and we look forward to receiving your application!
**Cancellation Policy: There will be a $100 charge if you decide to cancel your enrollment after you have been accepted into the program.