Spring Semester Start-Up
The Spring Semester is right around the corner! Our website is designed to make sure all of the information you need for semester planning is right at your fingertips. Below is the information you will need for the first two weeks and a quick overview of some of the upcoming Spring semester events.
First and Second Week Activities
There are several events that you may find particularly useful as you begin the new semester. The first is the Chancellor's All-University Address and Chili Luncheon. These events allow all of us a chance to reflect on our goals as a university, and to reconnect with colleagues and friends. The Seventh Annual Teaching and Learning Day is another excellent place to mingle with colleagues and to be inspired for the new semester. For details on these and other events, please visit the First and Second Week Calendar.
Spring Events of Note
- NCA site visit will occur April 24-26, 2006.
Faculty and staff will have an opportunity to meet with the evaluators during both formal and informal sessions and are encouraged to read the self-study report in preparation for the sessions.
- Administrative Searches – Spring interviews are expected for the Dean of Science and Health, the Dean of Student Development & Academic Services, and the Director of School of Education searches.
- Diana Oblinger (Vice President of EDUCAUSE) will be speaking on Addressing the learner of the ‘Net Generation’ on February 17, 2006 in Room 102 Wing at 12:00 p.m.
- Ann Crittenden (New York Times reporter and author of “The Price of Motherhood") will speak at UW-L in April. The event is sponsored by the Office of Campus Climate and the Women’s Symposium. Time and place to be announced.
- Arts and Lectures activities will include My Soul Is A Witness (a civil rights performing art piece) on March 1, 2006, and Zev Kedem (a Schindler’s List survivor) on April 26, 2006. The Theatre Department will put on Evita and The Cherry Orchard.
- Faculty and Instructional Academic Staff will receive an IT survey regarding their use of technology in the classroom which should help inform the new classroom building.
- UW-L's Ninth Annual Celebration of Undergraduate and Graduate Research and Creativity is scheduled for March 31, 2006.