Helpful Hints for Filling Out Electronic LX Forms
· Use the <TAB> key or point and click to navigate between fields.
· You can copy and paste descriptions from the online course catalog to some fields in the LX forms to save data entry time and reduce the chances for error. Open the current online course catalog. Select the Program and Course Descriptions link. If you choose to cut and paste course descriptions from the web, do the following:
- Highlight/select the description, copy it (e.g. <CTRL><C>) and paste the text in the appropriate field in the open LX form (e.g. – <CTRL><V>).
· Most fields are plain text formatted. However, fields (e.g. - Course Description field on the LX 138P form) that require special formatting are rich text formatted to enable you to italicize and underline text.
· To apply special formatting in rich text formatted fields, select the text to be formatted, right click it, select Text Style from the pop up menu and then, choose the formatting selection of your choice (e.g. - superscript, underline, bold). See screen print below:
· You can also highlight text and use the <CTRL> key combinations as shown in the above screen print. For example, for italics, enter <CTRL><I> simultaneously.
Signed original forms must be submitted to the Records
and Registration office Wednesday by noon prior to the next
Wednesday meeting. P
Print the LX 138C and LX 138P on yellow paper, LX 139 and LX 140 on green paper, and LX 137 on white paper.