University of Wisconsin-La Crosse |

Records and Registration
Expand menu

  • Transcript request procedure

    The charge for transcripts is $10

    Official transcripts are issued by the Records and Registration Office and bear the University seal and Registrar signature. The cost for an official transcript is $10.00. Official transcripts are not processed if the student has an outstanding obligation, financial or otherwise. Third party requests will not be accepted. Official transcripts will be sent to the address indicated on the request.

    You can obtain an 'unofficial' record of your enrollment from your WINGS Student Center if you have been enrolled at UWL after Spring 2009 (these students may obtain an unofficial transcript using the drop-down menu in the academics sections of the student center). Not all institutions (colleges, employers, scholarship funds, etc.) will accept this document. It is up to you to verify with the receiving institution if official transcripts need to be sent directly from UWL to them.  

    You may request a copy of your official transcript online, in person or by mail:


    UWL has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) to provide transcript ordering online for students and alumni 24/7. You may order your transcript(s) using any major credit/debit card (your card will be charged after your order has been completed). Order updates will be sent to you via email and you can track your order online using your email address and order number.

    You can upload any necessary documents (e.g. LSAC, AMCAS, and/or scholarship forms) into your online transcript order. Additional documents to be delivered with your transcript are at the discretion of the University. The University has the right to not deliver any additional documents you uploaded with your request if not deemed appropriate. PLEASE SIGN AND DATE ALL DOCUMENTS PRIOR TO UPLOADING.

    Orders placed after hours are processed the next working day. Online transcript requests submitted outside of business hours will be processed in the order received. If you requested your transcript to be sent via paper/mail delivery, it will be processed and sent within 1-3 business days after we receive your request. Please note that if you choose to have your transcripts faxed to you, a faxed copy of the transcript is not an official document.

    Are you a currently enrolled student?

    Current students, or any student with a WINGS Student Center account, may access NSC to request a transcript through his or her WINGS Student Center account by clicking the Official Transcript link under the Enrollment Resources section located on the lower right hand side of the main student center page. If you are a currently enrolled student and you are requesting a transcript to include your current semester grades/degree, please log into your WINGS Student Center to make sure the grades/degree are posted before you submit your request.

    Enrolled at UWL prior to August 1991?

    If you were enrolled at UW-La Crosse prior to August 1991, you will not have an electronic record. You may still order a transcript online through NSC, but your transcript will be processed and mailed through the US Postal Service (not an electronic file).

    The following is required to order a transcript online:
    • A valid major credit/debit card
    • An email account
    • Your signed consent
    Order transcript button
    Want Faster Delivery? GO GREEN!

    UW-La Crosse now features secure electronic PDF delivery of official academic transcripts. This is the preferred method of delivery because it is the fastest and most secure delivery method! The 'Electronic PDF delivery' option may be selected after verifying that your recipient will accept this form of delivery. In both cases, these transcripts will be ready for secure pickup by your recipient within 12 hours on normal business days.

    (Please see above restriction for students enrolled prior to 1991.)

    Need Help? 

    If you need help retrieving your electronic transcript or have any other questions, contact the National Student Clearinghouse at 703.742.4200 or via email at


    UWL will issue transcripts to current/former students without prior obligations at the Records and Registration Office, 117 Graff Main Hall. Requests submitted in person will be processed immediately. Payment options are cash, money order, or checks made payable to UWL. Please bring along a photo ID to present when requesting the transcript.

    Office hours are Monday through Friday, 7:45am - 4:30pm.


    To request your transcript by mail you will need to include our transcript request form as well as your payment option. Please be sure to sign your request after printing it from your computer. Multiple copies to students will be in separate sealed envelopes unless directed otherwise - use Special Instructions on the Transcript Request Form. Make checks payable to UW-La Crosse.
    You may mail the request to: Attn: Transcripts, UW-La Crosse, 1725 State Street, La Crosse, WI 54601

    Please note:

    All transcripts sent to the students are stamped "issued to student". Not all institutions (colleges, employers, scholarship funds, etc.) will accept these transcripts even if they are in sealed envelopes. It is up to the student to verify with the receiving institution if transcripts need to be sent directly from UWL to them. Many institutions require transcripts be sent directly from UWL to their institution to be considered official.

    Transcript hold for non-payment of fees: A transcript will not be sent for any person with outstanding balances due to the university.  Subject to the statute of limitations on contract debt under Wisconsin law, no student shall be issued a transcript (certified or not) until all accounts receivable have been paid. Please see the Cashiers Office for details. 

    Transcripts cannot be faxed, nor can faxed requests be accepted. The $10.00 fee may be paid in cash (do not send cash through the mail) or check (payable to UW-La Crosse). Only transcripts ordered on-line can be paid by credit or debit cards.  UWL's Transcript Office does not accept credit cards and cannot put transcript fees on student accounts (bills or Tower Tender). 

    For transcript questions, please contact the Records Office at 608.785.8580.


    Transcript FAQs