Transfer Student Information
Interested in applying?
· Contact the Admissions Office for information regarding the application process
· For questions regarding how specific coursework will transfer to an SAH program, call 608-785-8156 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
o For transferring courses within the UW-System, utilize the Transfer Information System (TIS) Course Wizards
o More detailed transfer information can be found on the Academic Advising Center website
Admitted Transfer Students
· The College of Science and Health would like to warmly welcome you UW-L! Once you are admitted, you should receive and thoroughly read your packet sent from the Admissions Office. If you did not receive a packet, it may have been sent to your home address, so please make arrangements to get your hands on that information as soon as possible. Click here to read about your next steps!
Transfer credit for current students
· Students often decide to take courses at other institutions during the various breaks throughout the year (such as winter intersession or summer)
o Prior to taking a course at another institution, complete the Off Campus Course Evaluation and Permit form in 205 Graff Main Hall BEFORE registering for the course. This will ensure that the course will transfer appropriately to UW-L and fulfill intended requirements
o Note: Students MAY NOT REPEAT a course at another institution once it has been taken at UW-L
- Academic Advising Center: Transfer of Credit
- Admissions Office:
- College of Science and Health:
- FYE-NSO: Transfer Orientation Information
- Records and Registration:
- Transfer Information System (TIS): Course Wizards
Please contact the Office of the Dean with questions or concerns regarding transfer information. The office is located in 205 Graff Main Hall and the phone number is (608)785-8156.
Admitted Transfer Students
The College of Science and Health would like to warmly welcome you UW-L! Once you are admitted, you should receive and thoroughly read your packet sent from the Admissions Office. If you did not receive a packet, it may have been sent to your home address, so please make arrangements to get your hands on that information as soon as possible.
If you have not already paid
the $100 Enrollment
do so right away.
This is required before your
transfer credits will be evaluated by the
- We are not able to help you very much before that phase has been completed, so please don’t wait!
- Your transfer credit report will typically be available within 2 weeks of receiving your enrollment deposit. You will receive an email notification when the evaluation of your credits is complete
· Please take the time to view our transfer orientation presentation, which serves as a ‘virtual’ academic orientation. Topics covered include:
- Reading your credit evaluation
- Finding and understanding your Advisement Report
- How and when to register
· DON’T delay your registration! Once your registration time has been assigned, you may view it in your WINGS Student Center. You should make every attempt to register as soon as your window is open for best selection of classes. Before your registration time, you should complete the following:
- Use your Advisement Report (AR) to identify necessary courses
- Create your tentative class schedule
· Like us on Facebook! The UW-L Transfer Students page is meant to bring together students transferring to our university. We regularly update the site with important dates, activities, and groups that offer you the opportunity to become more informed about campus events and involved in activities.
We are happy to answer your questions about registration and program requirements, but ask that you FIRST review all your resources and read through the Admissions Packet. You may call 608-785-8156 to schedule a time to speak with (or meet with) an advisor.
We look forward to working with you!