Senior Capstone Project--Scenic Design
Create a proposal in conjunction with your faculty advisor for submission to the department committee by mid-semester the semester before you plan to execute your Senior Project. Your proposal must include:
- Title of work and author.
- A brief statement on why this project should be your capstone project.
- Project deadlines. (Consult the Department Production Calendar)
- An up-to-date resume.
- Current GPA.
Upon approval of the Senior Project, the student is expected to fulfill all standard production requirements as expected of any designer, including but not limited to:
- Work with faculty advisor on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Participate in all production meetings.
- Participate in strike.
Following completion of the design assignment, submit a completed designer portfolio package. This package will include:
- Statement of Purpose.
- Design Analysis.
- Preliminary Sketches.
- Scale Model or Rendering and any Painters Elevations.
- Research Package.
- Ground Plan.
- Hanging Schedule.
- Elevations & Working Drawings created by the designer.
- Properties List.
- Shop Budget. (Consult Technical Director for final budgets)
- Representative photos of the production.
- All materials will be portfolio quality and will not be returned.
After the advisor has approved the designer portfolio, the student scenic designer will formally present his/her portfolio to the department committee. The committee will confer with the advisor and a grade will be assigned. Your advisor will communicate the grade as soon as possible.