Senior Capstone Project--Technical Design
Create a proposal in conjunction with your faculty advisor for submission to the department committee by mid-semester the semester before you plan to execute your Senior Project. Your proposal must include:
- Title of work and author.
- A brief statement on why this project should be your capstone project.
- Project deadlines. (Consult the Department Production Calendar)
- An up-to-date resume.
- Current GPA.
Upon approval of the Senior Capstone Project, the student is expected to fulfill all standard production requirements as expected of any technical director, including:
- Analysis and research as needed for timely and effective construction of the production.
- Establish and meet production deadlines. (Consult Department Production Calendar)
- Provide a budget and time breakdown for the construction of scenic elements.
- Provide working drawings for all scenery designed for the production.
- Acquire all materials and supplies necessary to construct scenery and props for the production.
- Oversee the construction of all scenery and props for the production according to the designer’s drawings.
- Coordinate the run crews for the production with the production Stage Manager.
- Organize technical rehearsals with the production Stage Manager.
- Organize and oversee the strike of the production.
Following completion of the design assignment, submit a completed technical portfolio package including representative photos of the production. All materials will be portfolio quality and will not be returned.
After the advisor has approved the technical portfolio, the student technical director will formally present his/her portfolio to the department committee. The committee will confer with the advisor and a grade will be assigned. Your advisor will communicate the grade as soon as possible.