Each term, you must complete an enrollment certification request form in order for your GI Bill education benefits to be processed. Please stop by the Office of Veterans Educational Benefits or use the form below to access the enrollment certification request form AFTER you have registered for the courses. It is important to complete this form in a timely manner to ensure your benefits are not delayed.
Classes that you are certified for must apply to your degree
The payment of veterans education benefits requires a student to be enrolled in and attending class. Classes that do not run from term start to term end may affect VA payment depending on your class schedule (e.g., short-term and interim classes may run fewer than 12 weeks and may not meet the credit requirement for full time status for the entire length of the term).
• Tuition and fees will be taken from the first payment regardless of the source.
• Chapter 33 recipients who withdraw or fail to attend class are responsible for repaying housing, book stipend, tuition and fees to the VA.
• Chapter 31 - Vocational Rehab recipients: By submitting this form, students give permission for University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Veteran's Educational Benefits to release their class schedule, grades and GPA to their Vocational Rehabilitation counselor.
• If a student receiving VA benefits drops or adds a class, or changes enrollment in any way, it is the student's responsibility to notify University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Veteran's Educational Benefits immediately by email at email@example.com. Changes in enrollment could result in an overpayment, which may require repayment of monies received to the VA.
• Chapter 30, 1606 and 1607 recipients must verify your enrollment every month with the VA online from the GI Bill website at gibill.va.gov or by phone at (877) 823-2378.
• Students admitted to a program waitlist may only have those classes required by the program certified to the VA for veterans . education benefits. Once a student has completed all the pre-program classes available to them they may not have additional courses certified until they are admitted to their program.
Enrollment Certification Request